It's so exciting to see so many familiar names popping up on our registration list - and a lot of new ones too! If you haven't had a chance to register yet, click HERE to sign up. Do you know TC neighbors with 5-18 year olds? I hope you'll invite them to join in the fun.
The swimmers at my house are anxiously counting the days until Sharks practice begins (51 if you're wondering). If your swimmer can't wait to get back in the water, our sponsor (and across-the-street neighbor) Austin Swim Club is offering a couple of opportunities for Sharks swimmers.
1) Each spring they run a Pre Summer League Camp for swimmers ages 7-18 that meets twice a week. Click HERE for more information.
2) This year, for the first time, they are offering TC Sharks an additional option to join ASC under a "Flex Membership." If you've ever wondered what club swimming is all about, this is a great way to check it out. See the details from Coach Missy below or EMAIL her with questions.
Have a great weekend! Go Sharks!
From Coach Missy:
I wanted to extend an offer to any of your swimmers who might be interested in starting back in the water before the season begins. This is different than the clinics we've offered in the past. There is a way for swimmers to join our current groups under a "Flex Membership" for the months of March and April. They would be swimming right alongside our ASC swimmers, but without the year round or month-to-month commitment. Here are the details:
- Swimmers pay $30 towards USA Swimming Flex Membership. This covers the swimmer under USA Swimming insurance
- Swimmers will be screened and placed into the appropriate developmental group (Bronze, Silver, or Gold2) based on their current swimming ability. They do not need to attend each of the sessions, but are welcome to join us and their peers as often as their schedule allows.
- Families pay the monthly fee for March and April only
- bronze - 3x/week $120
- silver 1 - 4x/week $170
- gold2 - 5x/week plus one dryland; $195
- Here is a link that has the schedules for each group. There is no shifting groups. Once your swimmer is placed in a group, they cannot bounce between groups. We coordinate our groups based on ability so that training runs smoothly (and we don't have 6 year olds with 13 year olds)
Please let me know if you have any questions. If this is beneficial to swimmers in the community, we hope to extend the offer after the season and/or for seasons to come.